Many a criminal is convicted when circumstantial evidence is reviewed by a jury of one’s peers.
The Wisconsin Attorney General has the authority to seek whatever legal or equitable relief that may be appropriate in order to compel compliance with the state’s election laws. Wis. Stat. § 5.07.
Shortly after Kathy “found” 14,000 votes two days after the polls closed in the Wisconsin Supreme Court election, 10k of her peers in Wisconsin called for an investigation. The logical source to lead an investigation would be the State’s Attorney General JB Van Hollen.
Here is the problem, though. Van Hollen seems to be the beneficiary of the very Kathy Nickolaus, Waukesha, vote tampering that he was now asked to investigate. He was elected to office in 2008 when he beat Kathleen Faulk in a very close race. He won by some 10,000 votes (4,000 fewer than Kathy found). Can you guess which Wisconsin County swung the election in his favor? Yep. Waukesha or Kathynickolusville.
Oh remember Jimmy Buffett’s “Wasting away…” Song? Sing it with me. ∫∫
“Wasted away again in Kathynicklolausville.
Defending Wisconsin Asks JB Van Hollen to Resign
Tuesday, 12 April 2011 12:07 Paul I. Tascoupe
|The Waukesha County Clerk reports that there were 156,804 ballots cast in that election. You can see that by going here: Offical Results|
I peeked ahead, and sure enough!
PRECINCTS COUNTED (OF 211). . . . . 210 99.53
REGISTERED VOTERS – TOTAL . . . . . 0
BALLOTS CAST – TOTAL. . . . . . . 156,804
All seems kosher until you look at the Government Accountability Board Canvass Summary in which over 174,000 votes were cast in that race. You can see this by going here and clicking attorney general: Canvas Summary .
And I peeked ahead again…
Attorney General Waukesha
Total Votes 174,049
Therefore it is clear more votes were cast in this race than ballots cast.
Oh, time for another verse…perfect…Sing it Jimmy… ∫∫∫∫
“Some people claim
Oh, a scatter vote is not when Kathy Nickolaus opens a bag votes on a windy day and watches as they scatter across Lake Michigan. I found the real definition in the docs on the Election Integrity group on face book.
* A SCATTER VOTE is a write-in vote that is not for any of the candidates on the ballot (yes some people do write-in the candidate on the ballot instead of just voting for them in the space provided.
Dael V Escher ?@Darcy Gustavsson @Dael: iin the initial scanned results reported by the GAB, they would have been reported as scattering. But not in the recount. The ’empty’ write-in ballots go from being ‘reported’ votes to being unreported blanks. In our hand-count totals, we are counting blanks. But the GAB is not reporting them on their website…
Therefore it is clear more votes were cast in this race than ballots cast.But that was another “human error” from an election long, long, ago.
And as far as the 14,000 “human error” of last Spring goes…
Nickolaus who earns $67,787 a year, admitted a mistake in the Supreme Court race, but investigators found no vote-tampering. (EMPHASIS ADDED)She failed to include Brookfield in the total she released that night, but that error was not related to counting the votes — just reporting the totals she received from locals.
You Are the Jury
You are seated in the court room in a box with your peers. The prosecutor approaches the jury box with his final argument listing the circumstantial evidence against Kathy Nickolaus:
Kathy Nickolaus, is on trial because her data manipulation expertise gives her the technical opportunity to manipulate the vote and because of a list of past complaints about her conduct, including:
* Nickolaus dismissed an independent audit commissioned over concerns there are massive security threats in her current system. Nickolaus, who maintains a secret system for keeping public voting data, condescendingly laughed off the audit, drawing an irate reaction from the Waukesha County Board chair.
* Nickolaus was an employee of the Assembly Republican Caucus when Prosser was the Republican Assembly speaker, and she was one of two database experts for Assembly Republicans, spending 13 years becoming one of the state’s leading partisan experts on manipulating voter data.
* Nickolaus was in charge of developing a computer program that “averaged the performance of Republicans in all statewide races for the previous eight years in each ward and then averaged that information for each city, township, county and district.
* Nickolaus waited over 24 hours after the time she claimed she discovered the vote change before publicly reporting it. Two conservative media members reported the change prior to Nickolaus’s late afternoon announcement.
* Nickolaus withheld critical information from the the Waukesha Board of Canvassers. One member says Nickolaus invited her to be at the press conference, but had not given her a full picture of the problem. Also, Nickolaus curiously demanded the canvass begin on Wednesday instead of Thursday, and that the problem with the more than 14,000 additional votes were never brought up at the Wednesday or Thursday canvass by Nickolaus.
Do you think Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate was out of line in pointing at Kathy Nickolaus when the vote count in Waukesha County was delayed?
Jury how do you find?
∫∫∫∫…Sing it Jimmy… ∫∫∫∫
“And I know